EURODEMOS YOUTH MOBILITY NGO
EURODEMOS YOUTH MOBILITY NGO
VIA SANTA CATERINA D'ALESSANDRIA 107/D RC , 89122, Reggio Calabria, Italywww.edym-ngo.org - +393488107270
description of organisation
EuroDemos Youth Mobility NGO (EDYM-NGO) is a non-governmental Organization based in the South of Italy with the objective of building bridges of mobility, education and innovation in Europe and around the world in the youth sector.
Our Organization has a commitment towards global youth, as we do design and support their education on the basis of talents and needs, expectations and future dreams. Our most relevant mission is to provide them with learning paradigms, being on mobility to gain experience and competences, shaping their own tomorrow and opportunities, obtaining information in European youth policies and activities.
We aim at contributing to the active involvement of the young people, the civil society and the related Stakeholders and Institutions at all levels (from local to European and international).
Our objectives are:
- To promote the youth growth and development by both non-formal and formal education;
- To uphold on human rights and debate about humanitarian issues that affect our lives all over the world, countering them and raising awareness about those;
- To facilitate and support mutual understanding and intercultural dialogue (based on avoiding stereotypes and negative labels);
- To spread the message of European diversity as the richness that defines our countries (“All different – All equals”);
- To create alternatives to extreme and radical dialogue and action, commuting those in an educational reply for the future generations;
- To provide youth with resources for increasing, strengthening and refining their skills for the actual European and international job market (employability and entrepreneurship);
- To address youth to the principles and experience of volunteering and building bridges for a better future and a more inclusive growth;
- To motivate European citizens to take part into the democracy building process of a united Europe and its neighbors;
- To “train the trainers” of tomorrow and provide youth workers with the opportunities to tailor their career in the field of youth and education;
- To support healthy life-styles and well being linked with sports and eco-sustainable environment (mainly addressed to recycled economy system);
- To extend youth development between Europe and the rest of the world as we truly believe in the positive impact of education;
- To design online and offline campaigns aiming at creating awareness of different topics among young people and the general public,
- To create and follow a mutual cooperation for educational matters with the Partners, the Universities and the Stakeholders linked and bonded with our NGO, and within our channels and local Federation.
EDYM NGO is involved in both promoting European values as the local ones on cultural, educational, scientific and economic level through the application and the development of innovative and participatory methodologies and tools, the promotion of projects and initiatives with the target of raising awareness of the European opportunities.
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
- Social obstacles
- Geographical obstacles
- Cultural differences