How to give support to Ukraine?
Last updated on Wednesday, 11/05/2022
Many initiatives are flourishing on the web to offer shelter to refugees, provide food or clothes or to transport goods and people. Before donating money, double check the organisations managing the funds. Make sure to check websites from your government. In this article, you will see that there are many ways to support Ukraine.
Type of actions you can take:
- Protesting for peace, find the nearest demonstration here.
- Contacting your Russian friends to raise awareness on the need to act for peace, many are taking the streets to protest, taking the risk of being imprisoned.
- Offering shelter to Ukrainian refugees (many initiatives on Facebook but also on dedicated platforms such as this one) - check our dedicated article
- Signing petitions (here is a list of open petitions).
- Donating to NGOs
- Volunteering with e.g. NGOs providing support to refugees
Here are some examples of international organisations:
- Red Cross of Ukraine Humanitarian Aid
- Voices of Children - Psychological support for children traumatised by war
- Save the Children
- UNICEF Ukraine Emergency
- CARITAS Ukraine
- United Help Ukraine
- Médecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders
- Airbnb.org (to offer accommodation to refugees)
- Razom for Ukraine
- Support Hospitals in Ukraine
- Territory of Kindness
- AVSI Foundation
- Восток SOS
- People in Need
- ESN Ukraine
- How to help Ukrainians from France? (article with useful links)
- Flash Eurobarometer Survey. Shows large consensus among EU citizens in all EU Member States in favour of the EU’s response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.