Schuman Traineeships at the European Parliament
Last updated on Thursday, 01/10/2020
The European Parliament offers different traineeships within its Secretariat in order to contribute to the vocational training of young citizens, and to the understanding of the working of the institution.
These traineeships are awarded for a period of five months.
To be eligible you should:
- be aged 18+;
- hold a university level diploma(s);
- have a thorough knowledge of one of the official languages of the EU and a very good knowledge of another official language of the EU;
- provide a criminal record extract;
- not have worked for more than two consecutive months within an EU Institution or body;
- not have carried out a Study Visit in the Secretariat of the European Parliament six months prior to the beginning of the traineeship.
How to apply
In order to apply you need to follow these steps:
- go to the traineeship offers main page;
- complete the New registration form with your personal data.
- select an offer that you would like to apply for (up to 3);
- click on the button Apply online;
- login to your account;
- upload your CV (only Europass Format);
- upload a motivation letter per traineeship offer (maximum one page).
On the Traineeship at the European Parliament website you will find all detailed information and timeline about the selection process.
Selected interns receive a monthly allowance depending on the places of assignment.
When to apply
There are two traineeship sessions:
- 1 October 28/29 February - Application period open: 1 June - 30 June.
- 1 March - 31 July - Application period open: 1 November – 30 November.
Please note that applications submitted after the deadline or spontaneous applications won’t be considered.
Find out more information on the official website of the European Parliament.