Surdurulebilir Kalkinma Dernegi
Surdurulebilir Kalkinma Dernegi
Beştepe Mah. Nergiz Sok. No:7/2-28, 06560, Ankara, Türkiyewww.surdurulebilir.org
Sustainable Development Association, was established in Ankara to support the rights-based work to take the necessary steps to have sustainable development in Turkey. In this context, the United Nations has adopted 17 Sustainable Development Goals, in other words, the Global Goals set in line with the 2030 objectives and carries out activities in line with these targets. Within this framework, Sustainable Development Goals that make up our work areas are; fight against poverty and hunger, education of healthy individuals, qualified education, gender equality, clean water and sanitary conditions, accessible and clean energy, decent work and economic growth, reduction of inequalities, sustainable city and living areas, responsible consumption and production, climate action, peace and justice, partnerships for goals and life on water and on land. In our activities, where women, children, young people, people with disabilities and elderly people participate, environmental, climate change and renewable energy, education, health, conflict prevention and peaceful policy development, poverty alleviation and regional development projects constitute our main fields of study.
As the concept of sustainable development is to meet the needs of future generations without compromising, we plan to carry out all of our activities with a focus on shaping the future. In this context, we are aware that the most important step in meeting the needs of the people today is to ensure that the world's endangered resources are not depleted and do not ruin nature's balance. Sustainable development approach is quite ambitions; An environmental policy, intertwined with economic and social policies, is the cornerstone for sustainable development. While conservation of natural resources is one of the most important elements for sustainable development, education is the main factor for the sustainable development policy of a country.
The main missions we undertake as the Sustainable Development Association are listed below:
1. To ensure development and sustainability in environmental, economic and social areas; to support rural, urban, regional and inter-country social and economic inequality;
2. To improve social solidarity and civil society efficiency in sustainable development;
3. To work for the promotion of welfare and quality of life of all ages, gender-equal opportunities and access;
4. To support the fight against poverty;
5. To eliminate or reduce the inequalities faced by women, children, youth, elderly, disabled, long-term unemployed, refugees / asylum-seekers / migrants / displaced persons, persons living in poor areas and those at risk of poverty, victims of violence against women or abuse, drug addicts, child workers and their families, parents who raise their children alone, individuals living in shelters, homeless people, seasonal agricultural workers, and other disadvantaged groups who face discrimination or prejudice in accessing the social market or the economic market;
6. To support occupational health and safety in all sectors, to create business culture and intersectoral cooperation, to provide support to measures to increase labor mobility and employment;
7. To preserve and improve the environment and nature systems and to plan and manage them in a balanced way; to raise awareness on climate change and to reduce the impacts of climate change by giving importance to low carbon economy;
8. To protect the seas and all water resources, to combat desertification, to stop the productivity loss of the lands, to carry out projects that are focused on supporting sustainable agriculture;
9. To contribute to the development of new inventions, innovation, research and development, technological development, local / regional / international competitiveness;
10. To contribute to the development of the capacity of public institutions and organizations and to increase public - private - university and civil society cooperation;
11. To make the principles of democracy and human rights accessible to all, to fight against discrimination by making efforts to ensure social justice, to adopt gender equality and to treat everyone equally.
SDA, at the time being, is implementing an Erasmus+ project focusing migrants/refugees in Turkey.
In this immigrant project, SDA takes part in partnership with Adana Metropolitan Municipality and provides trainings by creating vocational training modules for the integration of immigrants into employment. Aim of the project is ensuring the integration of immigrants by creating adult education modules from Turkey and the European Union consortium
Another project in which the association is a partner is the “Town Twinning” project. Town Twinning project was carried out in partnership with Mersin Metropolitan Municipality. Aim of the project is establishing a sustainable partnership between Mersin and Leszno by applying the European Union environmental policy at the local level.
dahil etme konuları
This organisation is willing to involve volunteers who face situations which make their participation in activities more difficult, from the following categories for different types of project:
- Social obstacles
- Educational difficulties
- Cultural differences