ASOCIACION JUVENIL INTER
ASOCIACION JUVENIL INTER
BDA LA GRANJA PZA RONDA 16 2C, 11405, JEREZ DE LA FRONTERA, Spainwww.ajinter.org - +34956309358
AJ Inter is a youth association that was born from an informal group that created together a project co-funded by Youth with Europe III in 1996. Since 1997 it has been established as a youth association in Jerez de la Frontera (Andalusia, Spain) by young volunteers from the centre of free time education called Bululú, with the aim of promoting European mobility projects and raising awareness of European citizenship among young people.
AJ Inter coordinates an informal European network of 19 organizations since 2011 to develop the programme Erasmus+ Youth in Europe. INTER can be considered a body active at European level by the EACEA, thanks to several operational grant agreements from 2011-2021 with the Executive Agency for Education, Audiovisual and Culture (EACEA).
Since 2007 INTER has been a member of the local council of Volunteers in Jerez (15 organizations in total).
Since 2012 INTER has been a member of the Spanish network of the Anna Lindh Foundation, with more than 130 Spanish members, to promote intercultural dialogue between Europe and Mediterranean regions.
Since 2013 AJ Inter has been accredited as an EVS sending organization, which renewed the Spanish AN to be a sending, hosting and coordinating organization in September 2017.
In 2017 INTER joined the European Solidarity Corps, since the creation of a project co-funded by Europe for Citizens programme.
Since 2018 INTER is a member of the Volunteering Platform of the province of Cádiz (67 orgs in total).
Since 2019 INTER is a member of the Youth Council of Jerez de la Frontera.
- Develop European mobility projects.
- Promote tolerance and fight against any exclusion attitude, mainly xenophobia, racism and homophobia.
- Promote equal opportunities.
- Promote the values of European citizenship.
- Promote the active participation of young people.
- Promote non-formal education and informal learning for young people.
- Promote awareness of respect for the environment.
INTER is open to all young people from 14 to 30 years old, with a desire to learn more about other European cultures, giving priority to disadvantaged young people, mostly unemployed (Jerez has one of the highest youth unemployment rate in Spain), from rural areas, LGBT and Roma people.
- Mobility projects funded by Erasmus + Youth:
● KA1: youth exchanges, seminars, training courses, study visits.
● KA2: Strategic alliance and capacity building, youth initiatives (co-funded by Youth in Action programme).
● KA3: Dialogue with Youth, participatory democracy (co-funded by Youth in Action).
- Local campaigns to promote Erasmus + in highschools and university.
- Attend events and forums in Brussels on Erasmus +, youth work, youth participation, inclusion and education.
- European Solidarity Corps (sending and hosting volunteers, formerly EVS too)
- French Civic Service.
- Local workshops (language clubs, show other cultures, sustainable development, EU citizenship)
- Local workshops to develop critical thinking, sexual education of young people, in cooperation with the Andalusian Youth Institute of Cádiz.
- Workshops collaborating with other NGOs to promote sustainable development and environment protection.
- Information service about EU youth employment programmes.
- Information and consultancy on mobility in Europe.
- Educational innovation project through debates on equality at the University of Cadiz campus in Jerez de la Frontera.
- Europe for Citizens programme (Civil society projects)
- Adult education (Grundtvig).
- Vocational education (Leonardo de Vinci).